Midland Floor Care is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Midland Floor Care may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your Name
- Contact information including telephone number and email address
- IP Address – Midland Floor Care use the Wordfence plugin on our website which automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system. We do not use this information to personally identify visitors to our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We only use this information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your specific enquiry
- From time-to-time we may wish to contact you with information about products, offers and services that we think you may be interested in
- To monitor traffic on the website including to identify and prevent malicious activity
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and to record potentially malicious attacks on the website. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and potential security vulnerabilities and to improve our website in order to tailor it to visitors’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis and security purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages visitors find useful and which they do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody other than for the purposes of responding to your direct enquiry.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to send you information about products, offers and services that we think you may be interested in, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties and will not distribute it to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information about products, offers and services that we think you may be interested in if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible on email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.